Monday, October 1, 2012

PRODUCT IMPROVEMENTS - Microsoft Word

A handy improvement from Microsoft to its flagship Microsoft Office Suite would be to          integrate search.  

While it is not the end of the world to have to copy and paste something from word into a search bar, we have learned from using our browsers that a right-click option directly to search is in fact very handy.
Could Microsoft find it be problematic if people do not have Bing as their default search engine?  
They shouldn't.  
In that case they should allow whatever the consumer's choice is to run.
Easy-peasy.

I submitted my feedback here for Word.  I am going to trust that they can make the leap and apply the same thinking to Powerpoint and the rest of the crew.
It is hardly as interesting as Dell's crowdsourcing IdeaStorm, but at least it is out there and showed up easily enough in search rankings.

Will I ever hear back?  I'll keep you posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment